SAEFIA (South African Electrified Fencing Installers Association) .
- EFIs electric fencing equipment and installations comply fully with the requirements of the Electrical Machinery Regulations Act: SANS 10222-3 and SANS 60335-2-76
- Our staff have undergone NEMTEK installer training and are certified.
- We issue a Certificate of Compliance with every new installation. This is valid for 2 years.
- Should you require a C.O.C. please give us a call and we will gladly quote.
- Certificate of Compliance (COC) is available on request to ensure that the electrified fencing system previously installed complies with new Government Regulations introduced on 1st December 2012.
- A Certificate of Compliance is mandatory when selling your property and is transferable, provided the certificate is less than two years old.
- Our energisers are powered by a transformer that converts low voltage power into higher voltage which is normally set between 7,000 and 11,000 volts. EFI uses the Nemtek Range of Energisers which have both proved to be robust and extremely reliable, backed up with a 2 year guarantee. Unlike the electric power in your home, the energiser powers the fence in “pulses”,every second and therefore is termed a “non-lethal” electric fence. The wires, when touched will give a really nasty shock but will not kill!
LEGAL REQUIREMENTS FOR ELECTRIFIED FENCING (SANS 60335-2-76 – South Africa):
- Wall Height: Minimum wall height of private property to be secured – 1.5 metres.
- Brackets: Upright brackets may be used without any height restriction.
- Angled brackets: Brackets can be angled at no more than 45 degrees out and are to be installed on the inside of the boundary wall.
- Neighbours: It is not permissable to angle brackets into a neighbour’s property without their knowledge or consent.
- Hazard: Electrified fences are to be installed and operated so that they cause no electrical hazard or entanglement to persons or animals.
- Warning Signs: Electric fencing installed along a public road or pathway shall be securely identified with YELLOW WARNING SIGNS (100 x 200cm) at intervals not exceeding 10 metres. All gates and access points to have warning signs.
- Electrified Gates: To be capable of being opened/closed without the person receiving a shock.
EFI uses SABS compliant energisers and stainless steel 316 marine grade wire for our electrified fence installations and conform to all legislation as specified in the Government Gazette and SABS requirements pertaining to the erection of non-lethal electrified fencing.
1.2m SABS approved A grade earth spikes will be driven into the ground at intervals of approximately 30 meters. A minimum of 3 is regulatory as is Lighting Protection. All cabling between the fence and the energizer will be sleeved in 20mm PVC conduit piping.